Duties and Responsibilities
• Process the monthly payments of transition support services to project-affected persons, with thorough controls, monitoring, and reconciliations of all batch payments (made on the bank internet platform).
• Support the day-to-day Treasury activities:
• Run weekly settlements to pay suppliers and expense notes timely.
• Schedule all interbank transfers and negotiate FX deals.
• Maintain an adequate level of cash.
• Reconcile daily the Bank statements loaded in the workday.
• Liaise with the banks to resolve promptly issues related to accounts and/or payments
• Prepare the monthly Treasury forecast.
• Prepare the cash calls sent to shareholders and/or lenders.
• Prepare the Treasury reports (weekly, monthly).
• Assist the Chief Accountant during external audits (statutory and financial, fiscal, shareholders, and national authorities).
• Support the opening of new bank accounts during the implementation of external financing (third-party debt).
• Support the connection of the new bank accounts to the company treasury management system (Integrity of FIS) and ERP (Workday).
Minimum Requirements/ Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Finance – ACCA level 2.
• Minimum Fifteen (15) years of experience in Treasury and Accounting, ideally in the Oil & Gas or Banking sector, with international exposure.
• Strong technical skills in Treasury, Accounting, and ERP systems.
• Analytical mind, focus on processes, attention to details
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; team spirit, ability to cope with pressure.
• Excellent level in English (spoken & written), Swahili is a plus.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under-listed Vacant Posts that exist within Ibanda District Local Government and Ibanda Municipal Council.
Applications filled in triplicate on Public Service Forms No.3 (Revised 2008) together with applicant’s summary form should be submitted to the Secretary District Service Commission – Ibanda, P.O. Box 388 Ibanda, not later than December 19 2023 at 5:00PM (Four Weeks from the date of the Publication of this Advert.) Application Forms should be filled in triplicate and should bear the title of the Post and Reference Number SN Ref. No specified against the Vacancy.
Applicants should attach Certified Photocopies of Academic Qualifications (Transcripts Certificates and pass lips, CVs, and three Passport Photographs (Colored) on each form and any other Relevant Documents.
Applicants already in Service should route their applications through their Heads of Department.
Jobs advertised are obtainable from Ibanda District Service Commission Notice Board and Ministry of Public Service