JOB DETAILS: Job Purpose
To supervise and manage Commission properties and facilities to ensure they are properly maintained and managed to include care, construction supervision, maintenance, repairs, security, property management and health and safety in line with the Commission policies and procedures and relevant legislations.
1. Oversee and manage all Commission properties and facilities comprising of UCC House, Communications House, Regional Offices, Remote Sites, Commission installations, UICT and vacant land to ensure they are in good condition and effectively maintained in line with the Commission policies and relevant legislations.
2. Supervise the day-to-day operations of the property manager to ensure Communications House is effectively managed, and services are offered within agreed contract provisions and industry best practices.
3. Coordinate the implementation of technical projects including construction, repairs and preparation of planned preventive and curative maintenance program schedules of all Commission physical infrastructure, equipment, and systems.
4. Develop technical specifications and adequate terms of reference to facilitate the procurement process and ensure all contracts are implemented within agreed contract specifications.
5. Supervise and verify completed works and invoices before payment is affected.
6. Provide input to the preparation of the estates budget, track budget performance and implementation of the approved procurement plan.
7. Investigate, safeguard, and monitor all Commission properties and premises to ensure adequate security, safety and protection measures are in place in line with the Commission policies, the Occupational Safety and Health Act and other relevant legislations to ensure compliance.
8. Supervise the estates team to effectively manage performance and develop recommendations to improve the team, processes, services, and operations.
9. Conduct research and market assessment on all required services/works to ensure cost effectiveness and value for money on all procured services and works.
. Education and Professional Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, Business Management, or a related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Member of the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers
• A minimum of six years’ work experience in building maintenance and estate and facilities management of which three years must be in a supervisory role managing teams in a similar corporate setting.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Technical
• Estate and facilities management
• Property management
• Knowledge in civil and structural works
• Project management
• Excellent knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act and other relevant legislation governing buildings and estates management.
• Stakeholder Management
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent organization skills with a keen eye for detail.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills
• High levels of integrity
• Ability to multitask and supervise several contracts.
• The ability to be on call at all times including evenings, weekends and holidays.