JOB DETAILS: Job Purpose:
Oversee daily operations and management of the Cyber Intelligence Unit
1. To receive, review both internal and external requests and provide detailed, actionable investigation reports.
2. Liaise with other departments and law enforcement authorities to refer new investigations and drive progress with ongoing cases.
3. Ensure the extensive monitoring infrastructure, data sources, and mechanisms for sharing relevant intelligence information are functional and up to date.
4. Advise and recommend to the Commission existing and emerging OSINT related technologies, techniques, and software.
5. Identify, develop, manage and productively leverage external relationships to enhance intelligence collection efforts.
6. Evaluate and analyze multiple internal and external sources of information (including public records, media or other open-source material) in order to obtain actionable cyber intelligence for other areas of the information security function.
7. To support the Computer Emergency Response Team unit processes and activities.
Education and Professional Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Computing or related field
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related Information Technology, Information Security, or Computing field.
• Professional certification in any related field such as ICT security, CISSP/ GCIA/ GCFA/ CHFI/CEH/ CISA/ CISM is required.
• Certifications in data visualization, mining and analytics is an added advantage.
• Minimum of four (4) years demonstrated experience in analyzing multiple information sources for actionable cyber intelligence in a similar corporate setting.
• Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Experience in online investigations across different social media platforms using proprietary and open-source tools.
• Experience with Security information and event management (SEIM) or logging technologies like Splunk, Logstash, etc.
• Experience in data visualization and analytical tools.
• Ability to synthesize information and produce insightful and accurate analysis and recommendations.
• Ability to translate key learnings and insights into actionable business and marketing strategies.
• Ability to present complicated analytical material in a concise and compelling manner to a range of audiences.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Innovation and creativity
• High level of Integrity