VACANCY-11: Senior Election Officer/Regional Election Officer
No. of vacancies: One (01)
Duty station: Any Electoral Commission Regional Office
Directorate : Operations
Department: Field Operations
Reports to : Principal Election Officer, Field Operations
Tenure : Permanent
Salary Scale: ECS4
To enhance and coordinate all operational activities in an EC Regional Office, with the aim of providing services for elections nearer to the public in the most cost effective manner.
Key Result Areas:
1. Supervising and appraising Electoral Commission staff within the region;
2. Coordinating and ensuring timely implementation of electoral programs/activities within the region;
3. Inspecting, on a regular basis, the operations of field offices within the region;
4. Assisting in planning and reviewing operational procedures for field activities and operations and coordinating their implementation;
5. Analyzing data from districts within the region and taking remedial measures where necessary;
6. Preparing monthly and quarterly operational reports to the Head of Field Operations Department;
7. Advising on issues involving conduct of electoral activities within the region;
8. Taking charge of the Commission’s property within the region;
9. Coordinating information flow between the Electoral Commission headquarters, district staff and stakeholders within the region;
10. Building confidence and trust in the Electoral Commission and electoral process through increased interaction with stakeholders in the region;
11. Executing other official tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Academic qualifications:
1. An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration or Social Sciences or Arts or Development Studies or Law or Commerce or Business Administration or Human Resource Management or Industrial and Organizational Psychology or Journalism and Mass Communication or a closely related field obtained from a recognized awarding institution;
A Postgraduate qualification in any of the above disciplines or in management studies.
Possession of a certificate in Administrative Law is an added advantage.
Minimum Work Experience:
Three (3) years relevant working experience served at the level of Election Officer in Electoral Commission or equivalent level of relevant experience in management, operations or field related activities in a busy and reputable organization.
Preferred Skills and Competences:
1. Experience in working in a multi-cultural and hardship environment;
2. Good skills in conflict resolution/problem solving, team work, crisis management, training facilitation and coaching;
3. High level of commitment and working under minimal supervision;
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds;
5. Strong planning, organization, communication and decision making skills;
6. Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people and issues;
7. Ability to work in a challenging environment under high pressure and cope with tight deadlines;
8. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with excellent advocacy skills;
9. Possess a high standard of personal and professional integrity.
AGE: Not below twenty-five (25) years of age.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 29th September, 2023.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678