VACANCY-10: Senior Election Officer/Political Parties Unit
No. of vacancies: One (01)
Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Reports to : Principal Election Officer/In-charge Political Parties Unit
Tenure : Permanent
Salary Scale: ECS4
To assist the officer in charge in providing management and administrative duties in order to enhance the organization’s capability to deal with Political Parties and Organizations as per its mandate.
Key Result Areas:
1. Rendering legal advisory services to the Political Parties Unit and National Consultative Forum;
2. Developing monitoring and supervision tools for field verification exercises;
3. Drawing up verification and monitoring programs for new Political Parties;
4. Responsible for administrative matters pertaining to Political Parties and Organizations;
5. Liaising with field staff and coordinating field verification exercises;
6. Assisting in providing information, education and communication to Political Parties and Organizations;
7. Executing other official tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum academic qualifications:
An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Law and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice obtained from a recognized awarding institution.
Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration or a closely related field is an added advantage.
Minimum Work Experience:
Three (3) years relevant working experience served as an Election Officer in Electoral Commission or equivalent level of relevant experience as a Legal Officer in in a reputable organization.
Preferred Skills and Competences:
1. Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
2. Ability to prepare comprehensive reports;
3. Proficiency in planning, organizing and coordinating scheduled activities;
4. Strong analytical and decision making skills;
5. Good skills in problem solving and team work;
6. Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people and issues;
7. Possess a high standard of personal and professional integrity.
AGE: Not below twenty-five (25) years of age.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 29th September, 2023.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678