VACANCY-09: Senior Election Officer/Internal Audit
No. of vacancies: One (01)
Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Department: Internal Audit
Reports to : Principal Election Officer/Internal Audit
Tenure : Permanent
Salary Scale: ECS4
To assist in providing an independent and objective assurance designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations, risk management and internal controls.
Key Result Areas:
1. Preparing quarterly audit programs;
2. Preparing individual draft audit reports for assigned engagements and communicating the findings to the respective auditees for responses;
3. Conducting various audits and investigations as may be assigned from time to time;
4. Participating in the preparation and execution of the risk-based annual Internal Audit plan;
5. Offering support to other departments on issues relating to governance, risks and controls;
6. Facilitating the Internal Audit department’s effective co-operation with external auditors;
7. Participating in the audit follow up process to confirm implementation of audit assignments by subordinates;
8. Providing inputs for Budget preparation and assisting in cost monitoring of assigned budget lines;
9. Coaching subordinate auditors on the use of the internal management software to enhance effectiveness of the audit process and working as the administrator of the internal audit management software;
10. Conducting various audits and investigations as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Academic qualifications:
1. An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Finance or Finance and Accounting or Statistics or Business Administration or a related field from a recognized University/Institution;
Part professional qualification in either CPA or ACCA or CIA and membership to the CIA or ICPAU.
Minimum Working Experience:
Three (3) years relevant working experience in corporate audit which should have been served at the level of Auditor in Government or equivalent level of relevant experience as an Auditor in a large, reputable and busy Accounting or Audit firm.
Preferred Skills and Competences:
1. Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
2. Ability to collect and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports;
3. Ability to use the audit software;
4. Proficiency in planning, organizing and coordinating scheduled activities;
5. Strong analytical and decision making skills;
6. Possess a high standard of personal and professional integrity.
AGE: Not below twenty-five (25) years of age.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 29th September, 2023.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678