Vacancy-06: Senior Election Officer/Human Resource Administration
No. of vacancies: One (01)
Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Directorate : Finance and administration
Department: Human Resource Management
Reports to : Principal Election Officer/Human Resource
Tenure : Permanent
Salary Scale: ECS4
To coordinate processes and procedures relating to routine Human Resource administration in a transparent and timely manner in order to enhance organizational performance.
Key Result Areas:
1. Assisting in interpreting various aspects of Human Resource policies, rules and procedures;
2. Providing staff guidance and counseling and interpersonal relationships;
3. Assisting in appointments of Returning Officers and internal deployments;
4. Handling matters of staff discipline, especially investigations and recommendations;
5. Coordinating matters of leave administration including compiling the overall staff leave roster;
6. Secretary to departmental meetings;
7. Preparing periodic and situational reports for the department;
8. Any other duties as may be officially assigned from time to time.
Minimum Academic qualifications:
4. An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource or Social Sciences or Arts or Industrial/Organizational and Organizational Psychology or Business Administration (Human Resource option) or a closely related field, obtained from a recognized University/Institution;
A Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Management or in any of the above fields.
Minimum Working Experience:
Three (3) years relevant working experience in Electoral Commission served at the level of Election Officer in Human Resource Management or equivalent level of relevant experience in Human Resource Management in a busy and reputable organization.
Preferred Skills and Competences:
1. Good working knowledge in office computer packages; WORD and Excel;
2. Demonstrable good communication and report writing skills;
1. Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills;
2. Supervisory and teambuilding skills;
3. High administrative skills in terms of planning, organizing, coordinating, ability to manage and focus on detail;
4. Mature personality, integrity and ability to work with minimum supervision.
AGE: Not below twenty-five (25) years of age.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 29th September, 2023.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678