VACANCY-08: Senior Election Officer/Election Management
No. of Vacancies: One (01)
Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Directorate : Operations
Department: Election Management
Reports to : Principal Election Officer/Election Management
Tenure : Permanent
Salary Scale: ECS4
To assist the Head of Department in supervising and coordinating information flow
from other departments within the institution to aid in preparing for and carrying out
a free and fair election.
Key Result Areas:
1. Acting as Secretary to departmental meetings
2. Supervising the staff and operations of the Election Management Registry;
3. Responsible for elections of Special Interest Groups;
4. Assisting in the proof reading of ballot papers;
5. Planning and liaising with the responsible officers on the routing of ballot papers and other election materials;
6. Executing other official tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Academic qualifications:
1. An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration or Arts or Social Sciences or Business Administration or Economics or Library and Information Science or a Management and Administration related discipline or a closely related field from a recognized University/Institution.
A Post Graduate qualification in any of the above disciplines or a closely related field obtained from a recognized institution.
Minimum Working Experience:
Three (3) years relevant working experience at least three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Election Officer in Electoral Commission or equivalent level of relevant experience in a large, busy and reputable organization.
Skills and Competences:
1. Good skills in team work and coaching;
2. High level of commitment and working under minimal supervision;
3. Strong planning, organization, communication and decision making skills;
4. Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people and issues;
5. Ability to work in a challenging environment under high pressure and cope with tight deadlines;
6. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with excellent advocacy skills;
7. Proficiency in office computer applications.
8. Knowledge of government administrative policies and procedures.
AGE: Not below twenty-five (25) years of age.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 29th September, 2023.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678