VACANCY-07: Senior Election Officer/Data Analysis & Processing Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Directorate : Technical Support Services
Department: Information Technology
Reports to : Principal Election Officer/Database Administrator
Tenure : Permanent
Salary Scale: ECS4
Job purpose: To assist in designing, analyzing, processing, implementing and maintaining the Commission’s database system and keeping it safely accessible, easy to understand and use.
Key Result Areas:
1. Assist in formulation of policies for effective data management;
2. Assist in ensuring adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data;
3. Implement efficient and secure procedures for data analysis;
4. Assist in preparing reports and data extraction whenever required;
5. Trouble-shooting data-related and database-related issues;
6. Assist in the improvement of the National Voters Register (NVR);
7. Provide support to NVR database users and software development team;
8. Assist in updating and maintaining Administrative Units within the Voters Register database;
9. Act as an IT link person with Election Management and Voter Data Management departments on data related issues;
10. Ensure all districts have up-to-date codes for use in continuous registration;
11. Any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Academic qualifications:
1. An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or Statistics or Information Systems or any other ICT related discipline from a recognized university or institution.
A Post Graduate qualification in any of the above disciplines or a closely related field obtained from a recognized institution.
Oracle certification from a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
Minimum Work Experience:
A minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in Electoral Commission at least three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Election Officer or three (3) years of performing duties related to database administration, software development, data analysis and evaluation in government or a reputable organization.
Skills and Competences:
1. Ability to compile and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports;
2. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with different stakeholders;
3. Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties;
4. Possession of expertise in data management services and systems integration;
5. Possession of knowledge and skills in cyber security solutions;
6. Knowledgeable in strategic management of government IT policies, laws and regulations.
AGE: Not below twenty-five (25) years of age.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 29th September, 2023.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678