To develop communication strategies aimed at promoting visibility and enhancing the organizations’ image, including serving as a spokesperson for the organization.
Specific tasks and responsibilities: The specific tasks of the successful candidate can be viewed on naro website
Required Qualifications and Experience
• An Honors Degree in Mass Communication or Public Relations options or journalism or any other closely related qualifications plus Master’s Degree in any of the above from a recognized university.
• Applicants should have a minimum of five (5) years working experience in Public Relations or communication in a government or equivalent level of relevant working experience from a reputable organization.
• He/she should have the following key competencies: Integrity and confidentiality, Oral and written communication skills, Team work, Computer literacy, ability to multi-task and Concern for quality and standards.
• Tenure of Office: Five years’ contract renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
• Age limit: Not above 50 years
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The interested applicants should submit a hard copy of the application specifying the position he/she is applying for with a detailed curriculum vitae prefaced with a statement of not more than 250 words explaining why he or she considers oneself a suitable candidate for the job. He/she should provide names, day-time telephone numbers, e-mail and physical addresses of 3 (three) respectable referees who are able to provide a candid opinion on his/her professional abilities, personal attributes and suitability for appointment to the position applied for. The application letter, CV, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials should be submitted to the undersigned to reach him not later than 5:00 p.m. on 10TH October 2023
The Director General,
National Agricultural Research Organization, Plot 11-13, Lugard Avenue
P.O. Box 295, ENTEBBE
This advert can also be viewed on NARO website at www.naro.go.ug