Adara Development is committed to improving Maternal Newborn Child Health services in Uganda, by supporting holistic programmes that ensure women and children have access to services across the continuum of care. The organisation seeks to recruit an exceptional Research Officer to lead research activities related to our programmes.
Employer: Adara Development (Uganda)
Location: Kiwoko Hospital, Kiwoko Town council, Nakaseke District, Uganda
Employment status: Three-year contract (full time) with the possibility to extend
Reports to: Uganda Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Direct reports: None
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a passionate team making a difference in the lives of mothers and babies in Uganda and beyond. The Research Officer in Uganda is responsible for leading and coordinating research activities related to Adara’s Maternal Newborn Child Health (MNCH) programmes. The Research Officer will be responsible for managing and carrying out various research study projects by helping to design research studies, implementing research projects, analysing results, and sharing findings with various audiences.
NOTE: A detailed Job Description may be requested from email@example.com
Adara Development is a child safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo an International Criminal Check and sign our Child Protection Policy.
• A bachelor’s degree in a social science-related field
• At least three years of relevant experience in research projects, clinical, or in a health-focused NGO
• Training in research methods and statistics, and a good working knowledge of data security protocols
• Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SPSS (syntax), STATA/ EPI INFO, NVivo, SAS programming language or other programming, reporting and data analysis software
• Experience working on global health, public health, or science issues, and experience in MNCH program management, including work with the Local Government Health System • Excellent time management, organisational and project management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and fluency in English and Luganda, both written and spoken
• A flexible, confident, and proactive approach
• Ability to work across cultures, and across different time-zones.
• A passion for social justice and a commitment to international development.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications together with relevant academic documents, a copy of national ID, and an updated CV, indicating three recognised referees, their addresses and functioning telephone contacts, not later than 27 March 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail or hand-delivered to the below address.
The Country Director
P.O. Box 116, Luweero
Tagged as: NGO Jobs
Organizational Context The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is a ministry of the Society of Jesus, incorporated as an international nongovernmental...Apply For This Job
General Summary The Counsellor will provide a full package of HIV Prevention interventions and on-going psycho- social support to...Apply For This Job
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA) Duty Station: Yumbe Reports to: MEAL Coordinator About US: DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in...Apply For This Job
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to...Apply For This Job
Job Description MTN Mobile Money Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual...Apply For This Job
Watoto Church Ministries and Community Care has experienced exponential growth in the past couple of years composed of multiple Celebration...Apply For This Job