VACANCY-02: Principal Election Officer/Internal Audit
No. of Vacancies: One (1)
Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Reports to : Head, Internal Audit Department
Tenure : Four Years (Renewable) Contract
Salary Scale: ECS3 (FIXED)
To assist the Head of Department in providing independent and objective assurance designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations, risk management and internal controls.
Key Result Areas:
1. Supporting the preparation and execution of the risk-based annual Internal Audit plan;
2. Offering guidance on the implementation of a risk management framework for the Commission;
3. Offering support and guidance to other Departments on issues relating to governance, risks and controls;
4. Supporting and facilitating the Internal Audit department’s effective co-operation with external auditors;
5. Supervising the audit follow up process to confirm implementation of audit assignments and findings by subordinates;
6. Providing inputs for Budget preparation and assisting in cost monitoring of assigned budget lines;
7. Consolidating individual draft audit reports for assigned engagements, communicating the findings to the respective auditees for responses and preparation of the final report;
8. Coaching subordinate auditors on the use of the internal management software to enhance effectiveness of the audit process;
9. Conducting various audits and investigations as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, or Finance and Accounting or Business Administration or Statistics or a closely related field from a recognised University/Institution plus full professional qualification in either CPA or ACCA and membership to the CIA or ICPAU.
Minimum Working Experience:
Six (6) years relevant working experience in corporate audit at least three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Senior Auditor in Government or equivalent level of relevant experience as a Senior Auditor in a large, reputable and busy Accounting or Audit firm.
Preferred skills and Competences:
1. Strong analytical & synthetic thinking;
2. Strong corporate risk management skills;
3. Strong data management and quantitative skills;
4. Cost control skills;
5. Team leadership skills;
6. Results oriented mind-set;
7. Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
8. Ability to collect and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports;
9. Ability to use audit software;
10. Proficiency in planning, organizing and coordinating scheduled activities;
11. Possess a high standard of personal and professional integrity.
AGE: Not below twenty-eight (28) years of age.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 29th September, 2023.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678