VACANCY-04: Principal Election Officer/Human Resource Management
Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Directorate : Finance & Administration
Department: Human Resource Management
Reports to : Head, Human Resource Management
Terms : Four years (Renewable) contract
Salary Scale: ECS3
Job purpose: To assist Head, Human Resource Management in interpreting and implementing various aspects of personnel policies, rules and regulations.
Key Result Areas:
1. Preparation of draft budgetary estimates and staff proposals;
2. Managing establishment and staffing control information systems;
3. Administering the payroll;
4. Preparing periodic reports for the Human Resource Department;
5. Supervision of sectional activities and staff;
6. Interpreting various aspects of personnel policies, rules and regulations;
7. Ensuring adherence to personnel policies, rules and regulations;
9. Identifying staff training needs and compiling the organizational Training Plan;
10. Providing timely advice to Head, Human Resource Management Department;
11. Assisting in evaluations and recommendations of the most qualified and suitable candidates to recruit;
12. Any other duties as officially assigned from time to time.
Minimum academic qualifications:
1. An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource or Social Sciences or Arts or Industrial/Organizational and Organizational Psychology or Business Administration (Human Resource option) or a closely related field, obtained from a recognized University/Institution;
A Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or in any of the above fields;
Possession of a Certificate in Administrative Law, and membership to a relevant professional association are a MUST.
Applicants should have at least six (6) years relevant working experience in the field of Human Resource Management, three (3) of which should have been gained at a Senior level in Government or equivalent level of experience from a large, busy and reputable organization.
Preferred skills and competencies:
1. High Moral character and proven integrity;
2. Self-motivated and strategic thinker;
3. Knowledge of Government Policies and Administrative Procedures;
4. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and capable of working as a member of the organization’s senior management team;
5. Ability to lead, cultivate team spirit and motivate qualified and specialized staff;
6. Well-developed analytical and report writing skills;
7. Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure;
8. Excellent written and spoken English with strong report writing and presentation skills;
Age: Not below twenty-eight (28) years of age.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 29th September, 2023.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678