Additional skills which may benefit anyone considering a job as a plant operator include:
• Able to use, repair and maintain machines and tools
Knowledge of engineering science, maths, and technology
• Design skills and knowledge
• Able to work well with your hands
• Be thorough and pay attention to detail
• Able to accept criticism and work well under pressure
• Able to work well with others
• Able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
The job role of a plant operator involves the following duties:
• Using 180 and 360-degree excavators
• Moving earth with excavators, bulldozers and dumper trucks
• Loading shovels
• Operating giant cranes and working with slinger signallers via radio
• Levelling out areas with compactors
• Using piling rigs and concrete pumps
• Using forklifts to unload and move materials around the site
• Carrying out safety checks and keeping machines running properly
• Changing buckets and other machine attachments
• Working on building sites doing noisy, physically demanding and messy work.
Education Requirement:No Requirements
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under-listed Vacant Posts that exist within Ibanda District Local Government and Ibanda Municipal Council.
Applications filled in triplicate on Public Service Forms No.3 (Revised 2008) together with applicant’s summary form should be submitted to the Secretary District Service Commission – Ibanda, P.O. Box 388 Ibanda, not later than December 19 2023 at 5:00PM (Four Weeks from the date of the Publication of this Advert.) Application Forms should be filled in triplicate and should bear the title of the Post and Reference Number SN Ref. No specified against the Vacancy.
Applicants should attach Certified Photocopies of Academic Qualifications (Transcripts Certificates and pass lips, CVs, and three Passport Photographs (Colored) on each form and any other Relevant Documents.
Applicants already in Service should route their applications through their Heads of Department.
Jobs advertised are obtainable from Ibanda District Service Commission Notice Board and Ministry of Public Service