Deputy Director Curriculum and Instructional Materials Development Curriculum Specialists
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To ensure efficient and effective administration and management of departmental resources.
• Coordinate and organize orientation courses for teachers on curriculum materials developed.
• Quality assure teachers’ manuals to ensure accuracy of what is written including editing and proof reading.
• Guide specialists in developing individual work plans and monitor their implementation.
• Generate Departmental monthly and quarterly reports and guide staff in drafting Systematic.
• Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound (SMART) goals and individual targets.
• Organize and support curriculum related workshops and ensure that appropriate guidance is provided.
• Write fundable proposals.
• Support the Principal Curriculum Specialist in providing pedagogical and technical support curriculum materials before submission to the Head of Department.
• Mentor and coach curriculum specialists on writing and developing curriculum materials.
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS: QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE:
• A Master’s Degree in one of the following: Arts/Sciences/ Education/Curriculum
• Design and Development, Business Administration, Public Administration and Management, Human Resource Management, Master of Science or equivalent from a recognized institution.
• An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a Bachelor’s Degree with a post graduate qualification in Early Childhood Education from a recognized institution.
• A qualification in Curriculum Design and Development.
• Ten (10) years’ working experience in Early Childhood Education from a recognized institution, five (5) of which should have been at the level of senior Officer or Head of Department and above.
• He/she should have demonstrated experience in curriculum design and development.
• Five (5) years contract renewable once upon satisfactory performance and agreement.
• AGE LIMIT: 35-56 YEARS
• SALARY SCALE: DURATION: CD2L
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
The deadline for receipt of application is two calendar weeks from date of this advertisement
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director/Secretary, NCDC Governing Council,
P.O. Box 7002, Kampala.
Number of Copies: 6
“NCDC is an equal opportunity Employer”