JOB DETAILS: Job Purpose:
To assist in providing routine and basic support services in the University Library.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Assists library users in locating required library materials and handles inquiries about Library services.
• Processes loaned and returned library materials using both manual and electronic system (KOHA).
• Sorts, dusts and shelves books and other reading materials.
• Maintains library records and performs security checks.
• Opens and closes the library as stipulated.
• Monitors the security of books, furniture and other assets of the library.
• Assists in Library stock taking maintenance and preservation including reading shelf reading arrangement and mounting displays.
• Operates reprography equipment in the library including photocopiers and scanners.
• Assist user in accessing and using e-resources
• Should have a Diploma in Library Studies or Information Science from a recognized institution.
• Should have at least two (2) years working experience in library services of a reputable institution.
• Should have knowledge and skills on current library systems eg KOHA, electronic resources
• Should have good organizational skills and interpersonal relationship skills. Computer literacy is an added advantage.
• Must be a member of professional Association
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Submit applications to the University through the following address not later than 2nd June 2023 at 5 pm. University Secretary,
PO Box 317, Kabale.
OR Kabale University Kampala Liaison Office
3rd Floor, Reev House, Plot 515,
Bombo Road, Wandegeya -Kampala.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Applicants shall be subjected to background check.