To implement and maintain the Authority’s IT Infrastructure.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Recommend, install, maintain and support all systems in the Authority so as to provide a reliable platform for operation of the different functions;
• Check the systems operations on a daily basis to ensure normal operations, deal with any variations immediately and escalate in the event that external assistance is required;
• Implement the IT Disaster Recovery Plan;
• Manage rights to system/network resources so as to ensure adequate confidentiality and integrity of information;
• Participate in the budgeting and purchase of applications and hardware;
• Provide primary support to users to ensure customer satisfaction;
• Ensure round the clock readiness of connectivity and IT support; and
• Handling hardware and software maintenance e.g. installing hardware, sorting out computer breakdowns, monitoring performance of machines and software, installing virus protection systems on computers; and
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any related qualifications from a recognized University; and
• Must have either CCNA, MCSA or any other internationally recognized professional certification.
• At least 3 years in Information Technology Systems administration operations in a busy environment.
Character and Competences
• Systems Security
• Database Administration
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who are suitably qualified should send their applications together with a comprehensive curriculum Vitae with daytime contact details and three (3) referees and their full contact addresses, copies of academic testimonials and certificates as well as other relevant professional credentials to email@example.com
The application and all attachments should be sent as one file in PDF format properly labelled with the Applicants name. The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 29th September 2023 at 5.00 p.m. Only applications sent by email will be considered.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Uganda Free Zones Authority,
6th Floor, Communications House Plot 1, Colville Street,
P.O. Box 37578, Kampala, Uganda
UFZA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and gender equality. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.