VACANCY-01: Head, Field Operations Department
No. of vacancies: One (01)
Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Reports to : Director, Operations
Tenure : Four Years (Renewable) Contract
Salary Scale: ECS2 (FIXED)
To enhance and coordinate operational activities in EC controlled areas/field, with the aim of providing services for elections nearer to the public in the most cost effective manner
Key Result Areas:
1. Supervising staff assigned to the department and coordinating the activities of the Principal Election Officer, Regional Election Officers and Election Administrators;
2. Regularly inspecting field operations and providing technical backup to operational issues that cannot be resolved at regional level;
3. Planning and reviewing operational procedures for field activities and operations and coordinating their implementation;
4. Analyzing data from the regions/districts and taking remedial measures;
5. Drawing up annual and operational budgets for the department and administer their implementation;
6. Setting up and reviewing operational targets for the department;
7. Preparing monthly and quarterly operational reports to the Directorate of Operations;
8. Identifying staff requirements and carrying out performance appraisal for personnel assigned to the department;
9. Advising the Director/Operations and Management on complex issues regarding the conduct of electoral activities;
10. Creating and maintaining a working atmosphere that fosters teamwork and creativity in the department;
11. Developing and implementing departmental work plans and procurement plans;
12. Executing other official tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum academic qualifications:
1. An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration or Law or Commerce or Business Administration or Development Studies or Arts or Social Sciences or Human Resource Management or Industrial and Organizational Psychology or Journalism and Mass Communication or a closely related field obtained from a recognized awarding institution;
A Masters Degree in any of the above disciplines or in management studies.
Possession of a certificate in Administrative Law is an added advantage.
Minimum Work experience:
Eight (8) years relevant work experience in management of election activities in Electoral Commission, at least three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Principal Election Officer or a Principal level in the public sector performing duties related to policy development, planning, research, monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, coordination and supervision/coordination of field activities.
Preferred skills and competencies:
1. Proficiency in the use of computer applications; MS Word, Excel and powerpoint;
2. Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate the work of staff engaged in field activities;
3. Ability to compile and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports;
4. Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both in writing and orally;
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders;
6. Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties;
7. Knowledge of government public policies and administrative procedures;
8. Well developed interpersonal skills and capable of working well as member of the organization’s senior management team.
Age: Not below thirty-five (35) years of age.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 29th September, 2023.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678