To ensure that facilities are in a good and safe condition at all times, oversees or performs the day-to-day maintenance and repair of buildings, water systems, grounds, furniture, related non-medical equipment, and waste management at the hospital premises.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Performs maintenance and construction functions including but not limited to buildings, water systems, grounds, furniture, associated equipment, and waste management.
• Maintains an up-to-date inventory on Spreadsheets and CMS for facilities and non-medical equipment, their status and maintenance schedules.
• Conducts or oversees the repair of related tools and equipment with the assistance of other qualified personnel or contracted vendors (where applicable).
• Maintains an up-to-date file of copies of equipment manuals and schematic diagrams supplied by manufacturers electronically and in physical form.
• Uses proper safety equipment at all times when executing tasks.
• Effectively communicates with co-workers regarding equipment, facilities and their proper use.
• Manages work requests, i.e., receiving, prioritizing, and facilitating their completion. Always keeps a list of all work orders/requests and their completion status.
• Effectively communicates with all department supervisors regarding expected completion time for all work orders received.
• Performs on-call functions.
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Implementation of planned maintenance programs
• Assist, as directed, with purchasing of maintenance supplies and giving proper accountability according to set procedures.
• Participates in designing and creating solutions to maintenance problems in coordination with other Maintenance Employees In-Charge.
• Assists the In-Charge with teaching specialized skills and techniques (such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc.) to other Maintenance Employees.
• Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of Operation equipment during machine service.
Monitoring and Evaluation Done
• Ensures that all tools and equipment assigned are maintained properly, a report should be made to the In-Charge of any damage or loss of department tools or equipment in a timely manner.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Refers all maintenance work requests to the In-Charge and works in liaise and work alongside external contractors.
Occupational Health Safety observed.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
Education and Professional Development
• Ensures own professional development to enhance own competencies through self-assessment and/or formal performance appraisal on regular basis according to the hospital (and own) professional development plan.
• Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and lifelong learning.
• Identifies personal development and training needs and work with the supervisor to help facilitate education and professional development where possible.
• Maintains a good quality learning environment that supports continuing professional development, creativity and being proactive.
• Spiritual Ministry Participation Participates in the hospital’s Spiritual Ministry programs.
• Attend chapel and departmental bible studies with staff (depending on weekly schedule)
Any other official duties
• This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the facilities technician. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• A completed Diploma in Civil Engineering.
• Experience in estate management.
• Experience in installing and troubleshooting indoor plumbing, and water heating systems.
• Experience in electrical, mechanical, carpentry and construction work preferred.
• Must be computer literate and able to use basic MS packages and the ability to interpret architectural plans.
• Good communication skills with other employees, patients and their families
• Ability and willingness to learn new techniques and procedures as are added to maintenance section from time to time.
• Must be honest and have integrity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS COMPETENCES & ABILITIES:
• Willingness and ability to adopt new knowledge and maintenance procedures.
• Flexible attitude to duties and to hours of work with ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Highly organized and meticulous
• Must be proactive.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Interested applicants?Click here to apply
Tagged as: NGO Jobs
JOB DETAILS: The StrongMinds Uganda (SMU) Country Director will lead all operations in country, supporting a team of staff working...Apply For This Job
JOB DETAILS: Job Purpose You will be responsible for introducing digital technologies and innovation in WAU program and influencing initiatives....Apply For This Job
JOB DETAILS: Job summary The Finance Manager will report to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for overseeing...Apply For This Job
JOB DETAILS: Job Summary The Senior Procurement Officer will provide procurement support with the overall target of maintaining efficiency in...Apply For This Job
JOB DETAILS: Job Summary: This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the...Apply For This Job
JOB DETAILS: Job Summary To manage, Plan, design, implement, operate, and monitor IT systems in line with the ICT to...Apply For This Job