The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of Council as its governing body, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI) under its policy guidance.
To manage NARO’s website, digital footprint and accelerate the adoption of digital agricultural innovations in dissemination of NARO’s research outputs.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities: The specific tasks of the successful candidate can be viewed on naro website
Required Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
• Possession of a Master’s degree in computer science, information technology or relevant field is an added advantage. Relevant knowledge and experience in digital marketing, content writing for digital media or industry experience are added advantages.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in digital content creation and communication of research outputs.
• At least 3-years’ experience working with dynamic web designs and content management systems like WordPress.
• Familiarity with website security best practices and protocols.
• Proven experience with creative media strategies, analytics and Search Engine optimization.
• Proven ability to manage multiplatform digital media paid campaigns spanning across the digital and social ecosystem.
• Proficient with content editing software such as Camtasia, Adobe creative suite including photoshop and premiere. A working knowledge in design and audio-visual production.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The interested applicants should submit a hard copy of the application specifying the position he/she is applying for with a detailed curriculum vitae prefaced with a statement of not more than 250 words explaining why he or she considers oneself a suitable candidate for the job. He/she should provide names, day-time telephone numbers, e-mail and physical addresses of 3 (three) respectable referees who are able to provide a candid opinion on his/her professional abilities, personal attributes and suitability for appointment to the position applied for. The application letter, CV, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials should be submitted to the undersigned to reach him not later than 5:00 p.m. on 10TH October 2023
The Director General,
National Agricultural Research Organization, Plot 11-13, Lugard Avenue
P.O. Box 295, ENTEBBE
This advert can also be viewed on NARO website at www.naro.go.ug