MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
To work to core community development principles with community empowerment central to all work;
• Enhancing the capacity and contribution of the voluntary sector
• Supporting residents and local communities to play an active role in their community
• Stimulating interest in and awareness of local community issues and encouraging resident
• involvement in decision making
• Promoting integration and cohesion within and between communities in Crawley
• Monitoring community tensions and hate crime
• The role will include proactive and reactive work, utilising key skills in partnership working, consultation and engagement, networking, project management and capacity building – supporting local organisations and residents to identify issues, needs and solutions to improve their community.
• The role also has additional safeguarding responsibilities as highlighted in the section below. Continued Overleaf
SPECIFIC DUTIES OF POST:
• Working on a Crawley wide basis and under the direction of the Community Development Manager to establish contact and positive relationships with individuals and groups from all sections within the community through informal and formal meetings, through outreach work and engagement to discuss local issues, needs and demands.
• Working to the local partnership capacity building model, provide professional community development support to initiatives which improve the quality of life of individuals and groups within the community, meeting needs as identified though corporate priorities. Work to include identification of training needs and providing or signposting to appropriate training opportunities to ensure that people involved in community initiatives have the requisite skills, knowledge and ability to function effectively and independently.
• To undertake the designated safeguarding officer role and associated operational tasks
• To coordinate and manage the delivery of internal quarterly safeguarding meetings.
• To liaise with HR regarding the ongoing development of internal safeguarding processes.
• To effectively engage with communities of interest and geography across the borough, involving them in developing initiatives to promote community cohesion.
• To attend and feed into the Crawley Prevent Operational Group
• To work with community representatives and stakeholders to identify, monitor and address community tensions and hate crime.
• To establish a strategic approach to the development of services and initiatives, working where
• possible on an inter-agency basis to form effective partnerships, capable of responding to community development issues at a neighbourhood level or on a town-wide issues basis. This to include active encouragement of partnership working between different divisions/departments of the council.
• To establish a network of contacts with key workers in the community from the public, private, community and voluntary sectors.
• To assist in the promotion of community development initiatives and associated community based projects to ensure that all sections of the community are aware of all available resources and opportunities.
• To support the community to arrange and promote events which enhance local community identity and cohesion.
• Working across the borough and at a neighbourhood level, work with the local community to support and encourage their involvement in local needs led service development. This to include establishment of relationships and mechanisms that support effective consultation and engagement with the local community to support effective involvement in decision making process for the development of council and partnership services.
• To contribute as and when required to multi-agency initiatives, at the direction of the Community
• Development Manager.
• To recognise the issues that relate to minority groups in the community and ensure that their
• requirements are given proper consideration in the overall determination of community needs.
• To work with community representatives and other departments of the council to address community issues e.g. physical improvements to enhance the environment or new facilities for the community.
• Where appropriate, to take time limited responsibility for line management of voluntary sector staff, as part of a planned developmental or capacity building process, to be agreed jointly with the voluntary or community organisation and the Community Development Manager.
• To deputise for the Community Development Manager where appropriate and as required.
• To prepare reports and to provide information and statistics as required.
• To carry out such duties as the line manager may, from time to time reasonably require.
• To carry out all duties in accordance with relevant legislation, council policies, procedures and standards.
• To actively promote the council’s Corporate Equality Statement and demonstrate the standard of conduct which prevents discrimination taking place.
• To ensure full compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the council’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
• To share the council’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk as outlined in the CBC Safeguarding Policy.
• To ensure that all duties are carried out in compliance with both environmental legislation and a commitment to the council’s Environment Policy
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the under-listed Vacant Posts that exist within Ibanda District Local Government and Ibanda Municipal Council.
Applications filled in triplicate on Public Service Forms No.3 (Revised 2008) together with applicant’s summary form should be submitted to the Secretary District Service Commission – Ibanda, P.O. Box 388 Ibanda, not later than December 19 2023 at 5:00PM (Four Weeks from the date of the Publication of this Advert.) Application Forms should be filled in triplicate and should bear the title of the Post and Reference Number SN Ref. No specified against the Vacancy.
Applicants should attach Certified Photocopies of Academic Qualifications (Transcripts Certificates and pass lips, CVs, and three Passport Photographs (Colored) on each form and any other Relevant Documents.
Applicants already in Service should route their applications through their Heads of Department.
Jobs advertised are obtainable from Ibanda District Service Commission Notice Board and Ministry of Public Service