To promote, facilitate & monitor Free Zones, Export Processing Zones and Free Ports
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist the Business Development Executive to Market feasibility studies carried out for Free Zones development;
• Assist the Business Development Executive to Promote and market the Free Zones Programme, its products and services to domestic and foreign investors;
• Develop and manage relationships with relevant institutions both locally and internationally for lead generation and investor attraction;
• Liaise with Ministries, Agencies and Local Governments to secure approvals, licenses and permits for free Zones, Export Processing Zones and Free Ports
• Inspect prospective and existing free zones with relevant MALGs to monitor performance, & ensure provision of physical amenities and relevant infrastructure
• Provide facilitation and after care services to existing Free Zones
• Liaise with different MALGs to ensure Free Zones comply with required conditions for supervision, management and control
• Any other duties assigned from time to time.
• An honours Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Commerce, Marketing, Business Administration, Development Studies, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Social Work & Social Administration or any other related field.
• A minimum 2 years’ working experience in the relevant field in a reputable institution.
Character and Competences
• Innovative with a proven high level of integrity;
• Ability to work independently and in a team;
• Proposal writing skills;
• Self-motivation and capability to work under tight deadline in a competitive environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who are suitably qualified should send their applications together with a comprehensive curriculum Vitae with daytime contact details and three (3) referees and their full contact addresses, copies of academic testimonials and certificates as well as other relevant professional credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application and all attachments should be sent as one file in PDF format properly labelled with the Applicants name. The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 29th September 2023 at 5.00 p.m. Only applications sent by email will be considered.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Uganda Free Zones Authority,
6th Floor, Communications House Plot 1, Colville Street,
P.O. Box 37578, Kampala, Uganda
UFZA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and gender equality. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.