JOB DETAILS: Job Title
The Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) in conjunction with Yalelo Uganda, is implementing the Young Africa Works – for Youth Employment Project. The project targets Youths from the surrounding community, including Jinja, Njeru, and Kampala Metropolitan area. The project is recruiting Temporary Business Development Agents to further the pursuit of the project objective.
Reports to Project Lead
The Business Development Agents will be responsible for identifying, registering, recruiting, and onboarding potential entrepreneurs/Salespersons each month that fit the target group profile as stated in the recitals using a mobile data collection form that will be shared by the Yalelo Project Team.
• Support with identifying new markets and new beneficiaries.
Collecting and sharing feedback from the beneficiaries regarding the market, product preferences, and pricing.
• Participating in monthly/quarterly reflection meetings with project partners to address findings from field monitoring.
Formulating work plans for review and approval by Yalelo Uganda Limited.
• Mobilizing onboarded youth to attend project training.
Training as TOTs for product knowledge training, Small Business Management Training, Gender Mainstreaming/Safeguarding training and Financial Literacy training.
Train the youth in work product knowledge, Financial Literacy, Small Business Management, and Gender Mainstreaming/Safeguarding.
• Oversee maintenance of training records and resource library.
• Evaluate training effectiveness through assessment of participants before and after the trainings.
• Creating and maintaining client
Required Technical Skills, Training & Experience.
• Diploma in Business Administration or related discipli
• A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Sales.
Strong sales drive, and resilience, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Profound customer relationship management abilities, including building and maintaining strong client relationships.
• Strong negotiation skills to the fish business idea to people.
• Strong monitoring and supervision skills to ensure optimal performance and compliance in terms of sales and product handling by the recruited people in business.
• The work will involve constant movements to different locations within the assigned areas. Must be a residence from any of the following city suburbs; Kawempe, Mutungo, Nateete, Kibuye, Nansana, Ntinda, Kyambogo, Jinja, Kasangati, Kibuli, Kireka, Bulaga, Bwaise, Nabweru, and Bunamwaya.
• This position is temporarily available for three (03) months but renewable for outstanding performers.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications and resumes, and certified academic documents as one pdf document to: email@example.com. Closing date of receiving applications is 05 Days from the date of this advertisement i.e., from 16th November 2023 to 20th November 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Yalelo Uganda is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates who meet the requirements are highly encouraged to apply. Yalelo Uganda doesn’t solicit any monies at any stage of the recruitment process.