JOB DETAILS: Job Purpose:
To provide support in the development of budgets, the monitoring of expenditures, preparation of period-end accounting adjustments, resource mobilization, and making input to annual reporting.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Participates in preparing projections of Donor funds inflows.
• Maintains record of and reports funds acquisition and disbursement in line with the terms of acquisition.
• Undertakes bank reconciliation.
• Monitors and reports on performance of expenditure performance against budget.
• Processes payments for Donor funds and maintains relevant financial records.
• Prepares financial reports on disbursed funds.
• Contributes to fund raising initiatives.
• Performs any other official duties as may be assigned by the Accountant.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Science in Accounting, Commerce (Accounting), Business Administration (Accounting), or equivalent, professional qualifications in Accounting from a reputable institution.
• Familiarity with public financial regulations and procedures
• Competent in IT skills with particular proficiency in MS Office suite (practical knowledge of MS Word and Spreadsheet) and computerized accounting systems. Strong customer care, verbal, and written communication skills.
• High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accuracy.
• Great attention to detail, numerical and analytical skills
• A team player, eager to learn and take directions accurately, as well as adaptable to work pressure/requirements.
• Practical accounting experience is an added advantage.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit applications to the University through the following address not later than 2nd June 2023 at 5 pm. University Secretary,
PO Box 317, Kabale.
OR Kabale University Kampala Liaison Office
3rd Floor, Reev House, Plot 515,
Bombo Road, Wandegeya -Kampala.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Applicants shall be subjected to background check.