Experience and Other requirements: Skills
• Good computer skills in Ms Excel and Ms Word.
• Demonstrable record of good conduct and professionalism during the time at the Bureau.
• Excellent inter-personal relations and communication skills.
• Analytical, writing and data management skills.
• Diploma in Statistics or Commerce.
• Or an Honours Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Information Technology, Computer Science and Business Computing.
• Should have obtained a credit in Mathematics and English at O’ Level
• Membership to the Uganda Statistical Society is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect statistical data and information from various statistical units throughout the country;
• Undertake data entry of the data collected;
• Conduct preliminary checks and edits to the collected statistical data and information, while in the field and at head office;
• Participate in training activities of project staff;
• Produce timely activity report from the field.
All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All documents tendered in shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
UGANDA BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN ALL EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ORGANISATION